About VPI insulation
VPI stands for Vacuum Pressure Impregnation. It is a process by which a fully wound rotor or stator is completely submerged in resin. Through a combination of dry and wet vacuum and pressure cycles, the resin is assimilated throughout the insulation system.
A VPI insulation system provides an optimal shield for windings in harsh environments while also improving the mechanical stiffness of the rotating machine.
A fully integrated service
Motion Electric Motor Services is your expert and one-stop shop for critical units and high voltage electric motors. With one of the largest VPI tanks in North America, we can take on any challenge and provide added value expertise to any winding project!
- Large rewinding capacity
- Electric motors and generators up to 13.8 kV
- Winding re-design
- Power increase evaluation
- Insulation system redesign
Our repair and winding jobs are always tailored to the actual operating conditions.
Advantages of a VPI insulation system
- Improved heat dissipation and corona protection
- Higher coil system rigidity and stability
- Increased performance in harsh, abrasive and corrosive environments
- Increased winding lifespan
- Superior dielectrical and mechanical performances
- Ultimate moisture and chemical sealing
- Reduced total cost of ownership